Sunday, April 3, 2011

Poem of the Week: "In Response to a Rumor That the Oldest Whorehouse in Wheeling, West Virginia Has Been Condemned," by James Wright

Since it's National Poetry Month, I thought it would be nice to post Poems of the Week that ranked among my favorites.  While looking for James Wright's incredible "Saint Judas," I came across this poem instead.  How could I not be intrigued by that title?  This poem is a lot of fun to read, humorous and sad at the same time.  Enjoy!

In Response to a Rumor That the Oldest Whorehouse in Wheeling, West Virginia Had Been Condemned, by James Wright


P.S.  I should mention that throughout the month of April, I'll be quoting my favorite lines of poetry at random on Twitter.  Drop me an email if you want a link to my twitter page.

No comments:

Post a Comment