Sunday, April 24, 2011

Poem of the Week: "Campbellsburg," by Reid Bush

I've been reading the latest Garrison Keillor-helmed Good Poems anthology, and as soon as I encountered this poem, I knew it needed to be Poem of the Week.  It's a short and sweet read with a wonderful last thought that rings true to anyone who's ever "toured" some place special with someone else.  No one ever cares about our origin stories as much as we do, which is one of the reasons poetry and fiction exist in the first place.  Writers come up with all sorts of reasons for why they write, but they rarely talk about one of the most essential - that writing is a way to make other people care about your stories.  Anyway, I think this is a wonderful poem, and I hope you enjoy it.

Campbellsburg, by Reid Bush

1 comment: