Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January 2011 in Review

Total Pages Read in January: 1,954

Not too shabby a way to kick off the year, if I do say so myself. I reread one of my new favorite books, The Book Thief. I read some more Neil Gaiman. I even got to spend some time in the minds of my favorite geeks at the AV Club. I didn't read any new books that completely blew me away this month, but I remained very entertained by the things I read in January.

Of course, I didn't touch any classics in January, so I need to make sure I do that at some point in February. I also didn't read any poetry, which I plan to remedy soon. I have three books by three amazing poets sitting on my desk right now. Bring on the ice and cold, baby (and as I'm writing this, we are under a blizzard warning in northern Indiana)! It's time to curl up in bed with a good book.

Now it's your turn: What were your favorite books you read this month? And what are your reading goals for February?


Note: I will be doing these short reviews at the end of every month this year. They are mostly a way for me to keep track of my reading goals and to see how many pages I can read by the end of the year. You don't realize just how much you've really read until you count it up!

1 comment:

  1. I've slowly been reading through Grimm's Fairy Tales at home. In my locker at work is The Return of Martin Guerre. I'm hoping to make more progress in them this month. I have a lot of books I'd like to read.

    ReplyDelete